Tuesday, February 16, 2010

this place is a zoo

We started out Valentine's Day with breakfast at The Flying Biscuit. It went a little something like this:



(Special thanks to Farmor and Grandpa for the kissers)

Patrick had not been to the Biscuit for breakfast before. Oh, but I had. Have you? Their grits are... I can't even think of a word to do them justice. And I don't even really like grits. (Except Ma Duncan's grits. I am American, after all.) Their breakfasts are pretty tasty in general. Patrick must have said seven times, "Wow! This is so good."

So after we were right fulled up on breffast, we took the kids on a surprise trip to the Jacksonville Zoo. It is a pretty nice zoo, I think. We had a really good time. We sprung for the stingray exhibit, and it was the best $7 we spent all day. The kids could have stayed in there for hours just watching and petting the stingrays.
Ceci holding her heart. I especially like the slogan for Stingray Bay.
A Touching Experience

The kids loved feeding the giraffes. Malcolm cried when we had to let the next kids go.

We rode the train twice. Today, a friend of mine asked Ceci what her favorite animal at the zoo was, and she said, "the giraffe." Then she asked Malcolm, and he said, "the choo choo." From the choo choo, Malcolm could see the rhinoceroses (rhinoceri?), and he was quite taken by them. Patrick maintains that Malcolm identifies with them (both in spirit as well as in physical form, I imagine.)

Ceci chose the crazed deer on the carousel.

If you haven't been there and you live around here, you should go to the Jax Zoo. It is just a really nice zoo.

No comments: