Welcolme to my life.
So, this morning Patrick woke me up with those five little words no one wants to hear at 6:25 a.m. "We are out of coffee." So, I trudged around and complained on Facebook: "Alyson Rodi Kee is out of coffee. This means I will have to get up, get dressed, get the kids dressed, get them in the car, and go get coffee. All this without having had coffee." (The shift in person drives me nuts, but I refuse to talk about myself in the third person on Facebook.) Anyway, my neighbor saved me by letting me come over and steal a cup. Thanks be to God. But before she saved me, I was out switching the laundry, grudgingly as I was not yet caffeinated, thinking about two of my closest friends, neither of whom read this blog, and wondering how they are able to start their day off without coffee. One of them has three kids, and one has four! Neither of them drink coffee in the morning. How is this possible?Also, Ceci just asked me if she could do some chores. She wants to wash the windows and glass doors, and then clean the baseboards. All this while wearing a pink ballerina costume and a sequined crown. Maybe I'd get more chores done if I dressed like that.
Well, Meredith is dragging me to the gym today. I have just not wanted to go. Not even to shower! I am just bored with that stupid elliptical, and I don't have the energy for Zumba. Really, I am going just to hang out with the Mer, and I'd rather do that over a cocktail, but it is not socially acceptable to have a cocktail at 10 in the morning on a Tuesday, so I will sweat it out at the gym instead. Yahoo. I better go get dressed.
I really need a second cup of coffee...
3 comments:
You're just not having cocktails at 10am at the right place. Just start refering to the Kee house as Margaritaville.
I also totally relate about coffee. Part of me pitties people who don't know the goodness that is coffee every morning, and part of me is like, what do they have that I'm missing? Where is the coffee shaped hole in their hearts!?
You could just stand in the back row like I do...Zumba!
I drink cocktails at 10am.. But it is my midnight at that point. But who is to say you don't work nights?
Post a Comment