Spring break has come to a close, and if we learned just one thing, it is that we need to sign Henry up for swimming, tennis, and track this summer because we were going to do just one, but I don't think just one of those is going to cut it. I wish I could suck the energy out of his body and use it myself. I would get soooo much done.
Also, did I tell you he read a book? A cute girl gave it to him. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Now he is on the second one. There are four. And I found 'em bogo! Score.
He also told me he is working on a robot to clean the house for me. It will have a steam vacuum and it will be on wheels instead of feet. It will pick up dirty clothes and put the laundry away. It will have a computer to "drive it around." My friend suggested he do some research by cleaning the house so he knows what exactly to program the robot to do.
On an unrelated note, my neighbors got a pop-up camper, and we walked over to see it today. It was closed up, and before I could explain, Henry remarked, "Mommy, how could anyone possibly live in that?"
Well, now he just sounds like his Nana.
5 comments:
He told me he's going to tell his uncle what programs to put in the robot. It sounds like he knows what he's talking about.
I drink red wine while watching her... not a big beer fan (much to the dismay of Jon and his brewing hobby).
This post just made me laugh... pretty much all of yours do. :)
I thought of you as I walked down our 3 flights of stairs tonight to go dump the compost in the garden... for the first time ever those 3 flights reminded me of our days at Looking Glass and carrying bags of groceries up 3 flights of stairs. Little did I know 14 years ago that one day I'd be carrying my groceries home from the store before carrying them up the stairs!!!
he would do pirouettes in that thing!
My mom had me doing (in one night, mind you) swimming, soccer and ballet! She was like you, a mom-champ. I would eat dinner in the mini-van and complain about sticky clothes trying to get my tights on in the back seat all wet from swim practice!
I hope I can be like her one day!
Post a Comment