As is my style with parties, we had a last minute pool party for Henry's birthday. I had actually planned to have it then when all the stuff started with our cars and I got all stressed out, decided not to, then, last Tuesday, when Nana asked him what he really wanted for his birthday, and he responded with, "I really want to have a pool party," my overwhelming Mommy guilt set in. So, I made a few frantic phone calls on Wed. and Thurs. and was able to round up some friends to join us at Mom and Joe's pool. (Or ool, as my kids call it because there is no P in it.) Here is the big kid with a bunch of the little ones:

There was some horse racing:
Mom and Joe made a web album if you want to see some more pics. We all had a lot of fun, though Malcolm and Patrick didn't make it. Malcolm was sick (throwing up, of course) yesterday morning. Patrick thinks it's because he drinks bathwater.

Mom and Joe made a web album if you want to see some more pics. We all had a lot of fun, though Malcolm and Patrick didn't make it. Malcolm was sick (throwing up, of course) yesterday morning. Patrick thinks it's because he drinks bathwater.
Why am I such a procrastinator? Here is the list of things I haven't done yet and the amount of time they have been on my to do list:
1. Mail Linda's mother's day card. (Dad was supposed to give it to her when I saw him, but I forgot to give it to him.) (1 week)
2. Return some library books. (2 weeks)
3. Buy a copy of "The Help" to read for book club. I did try to check it out, but the hold list for it is so long that they won't even let me get on it. And it seems that nobody I know has a copy I can borrow. (3 weeks)
4. Finish organizing old pictures. (2 months)
5. Sort and file kids artwork. (2 months)
6. Sell the purses on ebay. (3 months)
I need a personal assistant.
All right, instead of blogging, I am going to go get one of these things done. While alternately playing with Malcolm. And doing laundry.
Oh, and I broke the screen to my phone today. 2 months before I am up for a new phone. It still works, though. I just won't know who is calling until I answer. (Like the old days.) Maybe I will start assigning people different ringtones...

No comments:
Post a Comment