Tuesday, July 27, 2010

sometimes you feel like a nut, but for different reasons

The Kee family, at present, is undertaking a pretty hefty home repair. (By Kee family, I mean Patrick Kee, of course.) Let's just say, it is a good thing we didn't plan to go anywhere this summer. Becuase of this repair, Patrick and I are unable to sleep in our bedroom. So we are sleeping 50's married couple style in the boys room, Malcolm is also in there in the pack-n-play, and the other two are in Ceci's room. Just a few words here about Malcolm and the pack-n-play.
1. He loves it.
2. His 40 lb frame takes up practically the entire thing.
3. He is not alone in there. He first piles in about 30 stuffed animals (no exaggeration) of various sizes. Pretty much all of his and Henry's stuffed animals. Two of them are Big Bear and Mom-mom. (Two giant bears) He also has 2 pillows in there. And he sleeps on top of all of it. I'd take a picture if I thought it would do it justice.

Well, the kids are screaming, so my moment is over. I hope you are all enjoying your summer. I have been playing, reading, swimming, and rearranging. My kind of summer.

P.S. Thanks to Sarah H. for the "History of Love" recommendation. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Ethan said...

I still can't believe you're trading your bed for a hot tub...that IS what you're doing, right?

aly said...

Well, I wasn't going to announce it yet because we were planning to have a hot tub social to christen it, but I guess the cats out of the bag.

aly said...

And that comment made me miss you!

Sarah and Mark said...

glad you liked the book... and I'm very curious to know what your house project is.

aly said...

The hot tub. I thought we established that?

It is actually a leaky pipe that we had to cut through the wall in our closet to get to. A mess.