Saturday, July 31, 2010

pool hair and the remote in pieces on the floor

I don't really have anything interesting to write about. Today I took Ceci to a birthday party. I listened to Dads talk about their lawns and thought of this video. Then I talked to moms about school uniforms. It made me glad I bought all the kids' school clothes a month ago. Apparently, Old Navy has been perpetually sold out of polos.
Well, what else... Malcolm has made it through one week of swim lessons and thinks he can swim. (I beg to differ.) Henry finished up swim team and got a trophy. He also went to Camp Invention a few weeks ago. He now spends his days taking everything apart. Remotes, old computers, the timers for our lights... It is endless. I cut Ceci's hair off. (Her idea.) She was tired of the tangles, I think. Patrick and I went on a date night last night for the first time in a while. We went to a new place downtown called "The Warehouse." It was tasty.
I am going to be teaching two daytime classes next year. I'm okay with it. Malcolm will go to preschool. I am trying not to be sad.
We are also joining a CSA. I have wanted to for a while, and this summer we have been farmer's marketing a lot, so I think I will just bite the bullet.
We watched two movies this last week, "Whip It" (so funny) and "Julie and Julia" (meh). We need to watch "Blindside" as we have had a copy my mom gave us for 3 months or something.
So that's about it. Here are some cheaty photobooth pics...

Ceci's new do. She kinda has pool-hair in this pic.

Henry's trophy

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tony loves that Dad video! I laugh every time :)

Nana said...

Congratulations Henry! Great job...I am so proud of you!