It has been a long two weeks, and that is partially why I have not written anything. Also, teaching saps my creative energy.
Well, Malcolm loves school. He is first rate at it. He has friends, carpools, and even is learning how to write his name. (Apparently. I have not seen evidence of this as of yet.) He is big time. That should be his new nickname. He is not a baby anymore. (Though still a Beefcake, for those of you that remember his previous nickname.) So, Big Time was also swimming in the pool today. Yes, swimming. Face in the water, kicking his feet, and actually moving. Like I said, Big Time.
Ceci is her mother's daughter. She likes school, but doesn't want to have to go anywhere. That is exactly how I feel about work. I like to do my own thing, when I want to do it, and she is the same way. She does like her teacher, though, and she is adjusting. She has not made many friends yet. A few girls from her preschool are there, but the one she wanted in her class is in a completely different program. (Ceci is in the multi-age program, not regular kindergarden.) I do think she has a crush on a little blond boy who she seems to think is hilarious. (Once again, just like her mother...) Now, she has not come out and said she has a crush on him, so don't go asking her about her boyfriend or anything because she doesn't even really know what that means. I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible.
Henry is doing well, so far. As usual, he loves school and his teacher. I think this will be his year. I feel like he is moving to another level in his learning and maturity. He has a few buddies, but no one he really clicks with, so I am hoping he finds someone this year. He is so sweet and such a loyal friend. He gets pulled out for math, and his teacher is someone I used to work with when I was teaching 7th grade. I guess she told him that she knew him when he was a baby, and he loved that. He said, "I was the only one she said that to, Mommy!" It made him feel pretty special.
Patrick is off and running with work. He is enjoying it. He has been trying some different things, and, as always, ruminating on all kinds of new ideas. He is not doing any extra stuff (CROP, Hospital Homebound), and that is really good for him. I think he is going to have a great year this year.
I have a few of his students from last year. (Lucky me.) My classes are going fine. I have had to adjust to the shortened time period of day classes, but other than that, not much to report.
Even with all this going on, I am thinking of ways to redecorate my house. I want to paint all the doors black. I want to wallpaper the kitchen backsplash with some wild print. Really, I have a half demoed bathroom (Yes, all 5 of us have been using the very tiny master bathroom to get ready every morning) and a 3'x2' hole in my bedroom wall I should be worried about. And a family of what I hope is squirrels (and not raccoons) living in the attic. (again) And a car with a front bumper that keeps falling off and a headliner that is falling down. Some of the many reasons I am still looking for most my marbles... (and quoting my dad once again.)
3 comments:
what's this multi-age program? sounds interesting.
I see Megan's question and raise her a question. Are you still dealing w/the rabies shots?
Wish we lived closer. Would love to get together and talk kids' school, teaching school, and decorating.
The multi-age program is a separate program they have at Littlewood for some k-2nd grade students. The students are in a k-2nd class with the same teacher for 3 years. So, Ceci has k-2nd graders in her class, and she will stay in this class with this teacher for the next 3 years. There are 3 multi-age classes, so it is almost like a mini school within the school.
The rabies shots are done! I wish we lived closer, too! (To both of you, actually...)
Post a Comment