Sunday, October 10, 2010

what we're talking 'bout round here

1.  We have had two weekends of cleaning and purging, and that is about all I can stand.

2.  Somebody stop me from painting my kitchen backsplash orange.

3.  Patrick planted a huge garden:  broccoli, beets, carrots, kale, and spinach.

4.  That is how you properly use a colon.

5.  For Halloween, Malcolm will be Superman, Ceci will be Wonder Woman, and Henry will be a scientist.

6.  Anyone know where I can get a kids lab coat for $15 bucks or less?

7.  It was 45 degrees the other morning!  PTL.

8.  Apparently, Malcolm turned three and decided this place was a dictatorship, and he's our Napoleon.

9.  Many of my students had Mr. Kee last year.  One of my students had me 6 years ago.

10.  One of my students that had Mr. Kee last year said, "Mrs. Kee, you look different than in the pictures he showed us."  I said, "Different how?"  She said, "You looked bigger."  I asked Mr. Kee exactly what picture was he showing his students.  The one from 3 years ago of me holding Malcolm... in the hospital.  We discussed putting a more recent shot in his slideshow.

11. I  like this one:

4 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I think you should go ahead and paint the backsplash orange... it will match the orange picnic table! ;)

aly said...

I wish I had read your blog before I posted this last night. I would have made it 10 things I'm thankful for!

Also, You'd be surprised (or maybe not) by the amount of orange I have managed to work into my decor...

Alan & Tina said...

I'm with Elizabeth. Plus, I have a weakness for orange. I'm no help on #2. And have you looked at your local Goodwills for the lab coat? I'll check the costume closet at my school on Friday to see if we've got any you might borrow.

aly said...

I actually found one online for $6.99. Even with an astronomical shipping price of $6.99, it was still cheaper than any others I found. I have a feeling he will be wearing it on a regular basis anyway...