Henry: Has Ceci ever been to New York City?
Me: She was in my belly in New York City.
Henry: (very matter of factly) She probably didn't see Lady Liberty then.
********
We are just about through the Great Pinkeye Epidemic of 2011. Henry is still getting drops. Or he is supposed to be anyway. We spent today in St. Augustine for Hazel's birthday. Meredith and her mom tag teamed trying to get us to move there. I swear, they planned it. All they needed was Lindsey. They probably would have had it in the bag. They have lots of competition, though. There's the Ben-Megan-Stephan faction (and now they have Aaron involved) rallying for Orlando. Then there is the Mark-Sarah-Mary faction in Chattanooga. And let us not forget the Tina faction in Baltimore. By the way, Tina, I think you need to add a few recruiters. You have the distinct advantage of also being near a large number of Rodi family members. Maybe if you did some networking and formed a Bisset-Rodi coalition, you could gain a little more ground. I mean, we aren't actually considering moving anywhere, although we'd be a great asset to any of these areas. No one has built a solid enough case, really. They say things like, "Well, we live here!" And, "You can get a job anywhere. You're a teacher!" What I want to hear is, "We'll sell your house for you!" and, "We'll cover the moving expenses!" Alas, none of these words have been uttered. I mean, if you guys
really want us to move there, you've got to put out a little more effort, right? At least make a compelling argument.
5 comments:
Well...how about Greensboro? Many individualized extracurricular activities for the Grands...and some "date nights" for you and Patrick! We know two people who have expertise with moving who could provide support as well! Add it to your list!
Or even a "We'll get rid of the large rodents before you visit" might help, huh?
Haha! Yes, Parakeet, yes. At least the rabid ones...
And yes, Greensboro will be added!
Ok. We've got to ramp it up. Calling Rodis--let's get a faction together to bring the Kees to the land of snow days, family babysitting co-ops, and easy trips to D.C., Philly, and NYC (so Ceci can see Lady Liberty.) While I hate competing with the Greensboro faction, Greensboro gets credit for encouraging me to speak up for my own wants now and then...
The Walker faction wants you all to stay in Gainesville! What would this town be without the Kees? I shudder just thinking about it:(
Post a Comment