Tuesday, February 15, 2011

best of intentions

I have been a taxi the last two days.  Patrick's car has been out of commission though I hope it will be up and running tonight.  It is fun when we all go to pick him up from work, but it can be excruciating.  Yesterday was fine, but round 2 today found everyone (and by everyone I mean my 3 kids) cranky and volitile.  They just weren't game for it after a long day of school and 40 minutes spent killing time at Westside Park.  I wanted to pull my hair out.  And Eastside is just so. far. away. 

Anyway, wah, wah.  For Valentine's Day, after the park, Eastside, a trip to the county clerk to pay my ticket* and a stop at the auto parts store, some friends came over and we (the adults) drank beer while the kids played in the yard.  After they left, we made heart-shaped pizzas for dinner.  It really was a great day. 

*No proof of insurance.  I unintentionally showed cleavage, and I think it got me out of the more expensive expired tag ticket. Did I tell this story? I got pulled over a few weeks ago.  Did you know that in Florida your tag expires at midnight on your birthday?  You knew that? Well, I didn't.  I thought I had all month.  The sherriff kindly informed me otherwise.    I want to be clear here: the cleavage was not intentional.  As an ironic twist, the week before I got pulled over, Patrick asked me where our insurance cards were, and I said, "On the Internet."  He said, "Don't you think we should print them out?"  I said, "Why, we never get pulled over."

No comments: