Well, I think I deleted half my wardrobe. I still have laundry to do, so the the wardrobe editing continues. I will not bore you with the details of what I have left, but I will say that I am going to be able to close my dresser drawers with ease even once all the laundry is finished. Next we hit the kitchen. This, I dread. Our plan is to use some of the cabinets as a pantry again so we can turn the current pantry back into a coat closet like it is supposed to be. Our house doesn't have an actual pantry. It has a closet in the kitchen that would be a perfect pantry if it wasn't currently occupied by a giant water heater. When the water heater goes, if we are still living here, we'd love to replace it with a tankless somewhere else. Then, we'd have a nice size pantry that is actually IN the kitchen, not the hallway.
Ok, time for something more interesting. Today, Malcolm and I were in the Target bathroom, and he asked me where my penis was. I told him I didn't have one. He started to ask if Ceci had one but got distracted by the unnaturally loud flush of the toilet.
Yesterday, we had a conference with Ceci's teacher who told us that Ceci can read. Both Patrick and I were astonished since, at home, Ceci insists she can't read. Mrs. Teacher found this quite hilarious since Ceci does, in fact, read quite well. Actually, I lie when I say we were astonished. We have both heard her reading in her room. She just won't read to us. She wants us to read to her. Mrs. Teacher also informed us that Ceci loves to write. I wonder where she gets that from. We also learned that in the last few weeks, Ceci has been writing her name as Ceci Kee "Rodey" at the top of her papers! For those of you who don't know, Rodi is my maiden name.
I think Henry is beginning that shift in maturity that seems to happen from 2nd to 3rd grade. He just seems older lately. And then sometimes not. He is helping with chores around the house and cat sitting for our neighbor. He listens to our conversations and asks questions like, "What is the Tea Party?" and seems to understand the answer. He said to me the other day, "Mommy, I noticed there is a sit down Pizza Hut over by Five Guys. Maybe we could use out Book It coupons there." Why, yes son, maybe we can...
1 comment:
I love, love, love cleaning out. Why is it never done? Congrats on the partial wardrobe deletion. I'd like to delete my basement. And half the toys. And half of just about everything else. I'd like to move into a smaller house, actually. Could we trade? I love your kitchen & the courtyard. And I'm used to not having a pantry.
Post a Comment