Saturday, November 22, 2008

mysteries and quests

So, today we were at the mall (crazy) for a family portrait at Olan Mills.  The studio is inside Belk, and Santa is set up outside of Belk in the mall.  So, naturally, when Santa has to go, he is going to use the Belk potty.  So we are in the little studio room, finishing up, and Henry says, "I saw Santa walk by!"  We told him Santa probably had to go potty.  I think we took one more picture then we went out there. The bathrooms are off the waiting room for Olan Mills.  Ceci was looking around, asking for Santa, and we kind of figured he left.  One of the other parents out there said he had, I think.  Anyway, this lady walks by with her son, I didn't really notice them, I am just assuming.  The son goes into the men's room, and the mom calls after him, rather loudly, "Just hurry up and go, make sure you wash your hands, and DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!"  Ceci turns and looks up at me, eyes wide with horror, and says, "Mommy, is she talking to Santa?"  This might be one of those "had to be there" moments, but the incredulity tinged with fear in her voice combined with the look of terror on her face...it was so sweet and so hilarious.  Patrick and I are still laughing about it.

Also, Nana and I went on a quest for new sneakers for Malcolm.  He was wearing some falling apart hand-me-downs from Henry.  So, we had him measured at Kids Foot Locker, and the guy told me he was a five.  There is no way.  We could not get any of the sneakers on his feet.  So we go to Stride Rite, where Mr. British Salesperson measures him and declares "5 1/2 extra wide!" which they don't even have any in the store because some other chubby-footed kid with deep-pocketed parents came in earlier that day and bought out all 3 pairs the Stride Rite had in stock.  So we ended up with some Vans from JC Penny's that run pretty wide.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told you. He is the "Big Swede".
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

You'll have to get connected with Zappos...they have all the sizes. That's where we find size 14 for Uncle Ryan...
Farmor

Alan & Tina said...

I've been away from the computer lately and I missed so much of the House of Kee I had to click "see older posts" to catch up. It is ALWAYS a treat to read the goings-on in the Kee household. And reading your stuff is always accompanied by alternate laughter and sighs. I love it!