On Saturday, we went to the art museum on campus. They have an exhibit on all things mid-century right now, and I ate it up. Yes, I have fully, recklessly, shamelessly jumped on that bandwagon. We thought it was family day at the museum, which means they have art activities for the kids, but apparently my information was incorrect. We still had a good time.
See, this is what I love about Gainesville. It has all this cool stuff, museums, good plays, festivals, etc, but it is still a small town. It has yummy local places to eat, fun outdoor spaces, fairly good shopping (though it depends on who you ask...), a ridiculous amount of thrift stores for a town of it's size, an agreeable climate, and great public schools. I can walk to Publix, Henry's school, a huge park, a bagel shop, a coffee shop, and a good place to get my eyebrows waxed. Now, it is a longish walk, but there are sidewalks the whole way, and I don't really fear for my life at any point. And every once and a while, a camel might walk down your street.
2 comments:
A camel? Are they like holy cows and get to wander all over the place? :) Or, are they like Ceci, the wonderhorse,Iwonderwhereshe'sat,andjust goes where she pleases?
I, too, love Gainesville dearly. I'm lobbying really hard for us to stay here. It's got everything!
Post a Comment