Doc: So, he's a little sick?
Me: Yeah, he has had it for a couple weeks. It is coming and going.
Doc: Okay, hmmm... do people in your family have big heads?
Me: (thinking, Did she forget that all my children have had enormous heads? Her exact words when Ceci went in for her one year were, "Well, I am glad to see her head in finally on the chart...") Well, My husband has a huge head. He can't wear a regular hat. (I didn't tell her that people routinely compare my children to Charlie Brown cartoon characters.)
Doc: Hmmm... okay. It is just that it is really big. But it seems to be evening out. It did not get much larger since his last visit. But it is a family thing? I mean, he has always had a larger head. (She shows me the chart. His head is in, like, the 125 percentile or something. Way off the chart.)
Me: Yeah, it is a family thing.
Doc: I'll write that down so I don't keep asking you.
Now, I adore my pediatrician and am no way disgruntled by any of this. I just thought it was really funny. The rest of the visit went really well. She actually said, "I don't know if I have ever had an 18 month visit with anyone that went this well." If you don't remember the visit a year ago, where it was quite the opposite, go ahead and refresh your memory. She said his legs look like they are getting less bowed, but because he is slightly pigeon toed, it actually looks like they are more bowed than they are. Pigeon toes run rampant in my family. She said they don't do anything for it anymore, so not to worry. They usually straighten out on their own. And according to Jason L, it will make Malcolm a good sprinter. If he can get that weight moving, that is. He was 2 oz. shy of 30 lbs. so once again, off the charts. However, he was 33 inches tall, which is "only" 75th percentile. So at this point in time, he is fairly tall, rather portly, and carrying around a monstrously large head.
Well, I coulda told you that.
3 comments:
"fairly tall, rather portly, and carrying around a monstrously large head"
aly, you are a trip :)
THIS made me laugh! Thank you!
hahaha! This is too funny. Give that boy some time, he will grow into that head and who will be laughing then, huh?? All the better to tackle with, mom.
Post a Comment