Wednesday, March 11, 2009

yotsa yaundry

So, it is almost naptime, and I told Henry and Ceci they can have a few minutes to play together up in Henry's bed (one of their favorite things to do).  I just got up to go down there and put them in their respective beds for their naps, and I hear them talking away.  I look in their room, but they are not in there.  No, they are in the bathroom.  One of them is going to the bathroom, and the other is hanging out in there for the sheer joy, I assume, of being in the bathroom when someone else in using it.  They are just talking away.  I guess that's what siblings do.  They always want to play together when Henry gets home.  It is very cute.

Today, Angie and I were talking about my blog post from yesterday, and she said, "The thing is, people probably think you are exaggerating.  I have been here and seen it and know that all that stuff happens."  She is willing to vouch for me.  

Ceci just came out of the bathroom.  I guess Henry is the one on the toilet.  

On an unrelated note, here is a survey I gave them the other day:
(Some of you may have already read this on my Facebook page...)
 
1. What is something mom always says to you? 
Henry: to clean up
Ceci: not say hate

2. What makes mom happy? 
C: Our room cleaned up
H: a balloon

3. What makes mom sad? 
H:hitting you
C: to have not a bayoon (balloon)

4. How does your mom make you laugh? 
C: when you tickle us!
H: I don't know

5. What was your mom like as a child? 
C: You liked to pway (play)
H:an owl

6. How old is your mom? 
H:30 
C:16

7. How tall is your mom? 
H:26 lbs. 
C: 28 lbs.

8. What is her favorite thing to do? 
C:pway (play) with us or eat chocolate
H: clean

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? 
C: Ummmm...you just fold yaundry.
 H: I think that you worry about me.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? 
H: You'll be famous for knowing things.
C:You'll be famous for winning a bonus and getting an own Mommy and Daddy leapster.

11. What is your mom really good at? 
C: folding yaundry 
H: coloring

12. What is your mom not very good at? 
C: you're not very good at pwaying golf. 
H: getting frustrated with some windows closing. (???)

13. What does your mom do for her job? 
C: to fold clothes 
H:keep thinks neat

14. What is your mom's favorite food? 
C: your favorite food is mac - n -cheese 
H:spaghetti

15. What makes Mommy proud of you? 
C: for cleaning up our room 
H: making, uh, let's see here, cleaning my room up? and for being such a good reader.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? 
C:you would be..uh..yike, George 
H: Um, I want you to be, hmmm, would want to be, um, a veterinarian, like on Curious George.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
C: play horsies 
H: we plant things together

18. How are you and your mom the same? 
C: when we grow up together 
H:We have the same mouth

19. How are you and your mom different? 
C: I"m yittle and you are big 
H: we're different because I'm a boy and you are a girl.

20. How do you know your mom loves you? 
C:by kissing us 
H: because you love me because you just do

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? 
C:restaurants 
H: Your favorite place to go is, hmmm, is it Publix?  

6 comments:

La Lady said...

i was just exaggerating when i said you were exaggerating in your last post. also, would you please decipher #10 for me? i have no idea what that is. it's pretty amazing to hear how your kids perceive you (you specifically and as an example of parent/kid relationships in general). i have so many thoughts about this but i can't write them down, so i'll have to talk to you about it at some point. so interesting. . .

aly said...

I know you were exaggerating when you said I was exaggerating. I wrote that just to exaggerate your exaggeration. What part of number 10? The part about me knowing things? Because I am pretty sure that was a prophetic word. The part about the bonus and leapster? If you substitute the word "your" in for "an" then I think that it makes more sense. I think she meant we would get our own Leapsters. (Handheald educational computer game for children.)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This is hysterical... and so something I could picture you doing as a mom. And it's such a good idea... even 5 years from now your kids will think their answers are hilarious and you will have further proof that you are one super cool mom. :) Two questions for you... did you come up with this fun survey all on your own or find it somewhere and did you blog their answers as they gave them or store the information mentally to blog later? Either way... it's still funny.

aly said...

Thanks! One of my friends put this on her Facebook page, and I copied it. I typed their answers as they said them. I would have forgot them otherwise!

Kathy said...

i hope you got the stiffness out of those towels! wouldn't want those moody boy's to hurt themselves while drying off.

Steph said...

I'm stealing this idea, just to let you know. LOVE IT! Poor mommy, in Ceci's eyes, all you do is laundry...And I love how Henry's knows you love him because you "just do"