Tuesday, July 28, 2009

daily dose

Part of my reason for keeping up a blog is because I know there is no other way I will remember some of the sweet little things that go on in a day. I have a terrible memory when it comes to events, and once I am out of this phase of life, I will quickly forget what it is like. So forgive me if you are bored by the little things, but I want to remember them.

Malcolm has shifted from calling me "Mama" to "Mahnee!" It is so cute. If you tell him to give you a kiss, sometimes he'll say, "No way!" If you say, "Whose cute as button?" in an Eastern European accent, he raises his hand and says, "Meeeeee!" One of my favorite things he says is "Wah happehn?" (think Fred Willard) while holding his hands out (just how you'd picture someone would do when asking what happened) Today, he saw a green lizard crawling up the pool safety fence thing at the James' and said, "Dinosaur!" only it sounds like, "Dye-hhhnnnn!" I want to eat him.

Ceci, I realized today, calls waterfalls waterfaults, though it sounds like waterfarts. She is going to start Pre-K in a few weeks, and I am not ready.

Henry is just too smart for his own good. And way too nosey. We can no longer spell things because he is ALWAYS listening and can usually figure it out. We have resorted to speaking Spanish. Also, he is going to the dentist tomorrow because he has a BROKEN TOOTH. At age 6. That kid needs to take better care of his teeth is all this negligent mother has to say.

1 comment:

Rob Larkin said...

i, for one, am extremely grateful that you blog. i miss you all. i miss many others too but at least with the house of kee i get some stories and insight, even if i can't share in the adventures of the everyday. so thank you for blogging.