Friday, February 12, 2010

quirkiness, a family affair

There is no end to my daughter's entertaining ensembles. This is before we went to look at those two houses today. So, the weird looking blackish house = awesome. Very quirky and weird. A great hide and seek house. Totally our style, but also totally impractical, size-wise. But I love it. It had all these little courtyards and tons of floor to ceiling windows and long narrow skylights. If only I could stretch the rooms a bit. And stretch the bathrooms a lot. They were miniature. The other house was nice, but didn't have quite the quirkiness we would want. It was a little country club in the 60s. Not that I couldn't work with that. (Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson...)

Making Valentine's cards for school. I showed Henry this ridiculous robot Valentine to make, and of course, that is what he wanted. Attaching the candy bar feet was the biggest Valentine's hassle ever. But it was all worth it when I asked him if the kids liked his robot Valentines, and he responded, "They were everyone's favorite." He was beaming.

The hat really finishes it off, don't you think? She is wearing part of one pinata while posing with the other. This was at a birthday party we went to a few weekends ago. Coldest party ever.

Snuggle bugs. Malcolm is moving back into the snuggle stage. You know, when they are a toddler, they don't ever want to snuggle, but he is moving back to it now.

The kids (and Patrick) have a four day weekend this weekend, so Henry and I ran errands together this afternoon. I needed to get him some sweatpants because he is running in a kids marathon in the morning, and it is supposed to be in the 30s! He's pretty excited about the marathon, mainly because he gets a medal. And because one of his favorite friends was supposed to run with him, but the friend is sick, so Daddy will. I think you all know I passed on that opportunity. You know how I feel about running.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ceci is well on her way to being a fashionista! Americas next top fashion designer? It's fashion week here, maybe she should come visit that sometime.

aly said...

Henry just asked when we could go see Lady Liberty. (His words)

Unknown said...

Tell him to come on up anytime. He tried to hike to North Carolina before so he might just find his way here. I'll take him running along the Hudson or in Central Park.