Henry inherited a cute little desk for his room. It is a nice spot for him to do his homework, and we will always have a pencil in it so there is not a mad hunt for every day at 4:00. I also had put crayons and scissors in it because sometimes you need those things, you know. Well, Malcolm has made sure that I no longer keep crayons in there by drawing all over the new-to-us desk. (Thank goodness someone invented the Magic Eraser! No, I don't want to know what it's made of.) So, out came the crayons. Next, Malcolm came out of his room with holes in his pajamas. I wasn't here for that, and I guess the scissors made their way back into the desk because the next day, Malcolm came out from his faux-nap with three holes cut into one of my favorite shirts of his.
That was on Sunday. Yesterday, I picked up Ceci from school, and Ms. T was filling out an accident report. I guess I looked alarmed (Hey, there was a police car in the parking lot!) because she got really apologetic and was like, "We are so sorry, but Ceci cut her hair today..." I said, "Oh." I don't get all worked up about that stuff. But it did motivate me to take her for her first big girl haircut. Ceci has very straight, very fine hair and a lot of it. Last time I cut it, I had a very hard time getting it even, and I am not blessed with an abundance of patience, so that made it all the more frustrating. So, this time we went to the mall...
3 comments:
Ceci is beautiful, Malcom is crazy, and I'm glad for Henry he has his own desk. When I was about his age my parents got a drafting table from a garage sale and put it in my room. All I needed to keep busy from then on was a pencil and graph paper. You should get him some graph paper.
GORGEOUS! I bet she loved the whole experience. I miss you guys and think about you all a lot. I'm getting my haircut by a student at the DC Aveda Institute tomorrow. Hopefully it'll turn out as well as Ceci's!
He got some graph paper in his invention kit that Santa brought him. I think he put it in the desk, actually.
And Erica, we miss you too! I have been loving your recent blog updates!
Post a Comment