Every day, I park at the church next door to Henry's school at 1:30 and, with the other two in tow, walk over to meet him. This is usually accompanied with much whining on their (Ceci's) parts, and much shouting (Malcolm, get out of the bushes!) on my part. I never try to find a spot in the parking lot at the school, mainly because there usually isn't one, but also because I hate the traffic situation in there. I'll take the walk over the traffic any day. I could do parent pick up, and I do occasionally, but once again, the traffic situation is usually cause for exasperated language on my part. I mainly do parent pick up when Malcolm falls asleep on the way to school, and I don't want to wake him. Since he can now enter and exit the car on his own, there is none of
this going on, so I have no real reason to wait in the parent pick up line. And, I just hate sitting in my car waiting. It wastes gas
and time. So we hoof it. So, to review, these are the options:
1. Park in school lot, if you can find a spot, but fight traffic.
2. Go through parent pick up line, wait forever.
3. Park elsewhere (church, playground) and walk over, but it's a bit of a hike.
Now, here is what I don't understand. There are people who will park in the parent pick up line or in the spots along the parent pick up line, get out of their cars, and walk to get their kids. This seems to me to be an utterly unreasonable idea. It combines the worst of all options. You fight the traffic, walk a comparable distance as if you had parked at the church, and still have to sit in the parent pick up line to leave. Why would someone do this? Are you someone who does this? Can you tell me why?
No comments:
Post a Comment