Today was one of those days where I felt like a raging lunatic. Except for when I took Ceci to the library. I was fine then. I wanted to take Ceci and Henry, but he went off the deep end, so I just took the Ceece. She loves to read. Not that she can actually read, but she looks at books and makes up stories. I got Henry some awesome books, though. One is this picture dictionary of science stuff. It is 3700 pages or something. He was thrilled. He is obsessed with this mulching leaf vacuum thing he sees on tv. Nana's boyfriend, Joe, has one, and Henry sat in the garage for a good twenty minutes last night just staring at the box. I told Nana maybe they should give him one for his birthday. (Am I the only one on Earth whose son wants a mulching leaf vacuum for his 7th birthday?)
Patrick worked on the Jeep most of the day, and thankfully, it is almost fixed. My car should be ready next week, thank the good Lord. Although I am eternally grateful for my mom, who has generously leant me her car for the last 2 weeks, I feel a bit like an impostor while driving it. It is a little too classy for my every day life. It is a nice Volvo sedan in a lovely shimmery color, with leather interior and one of those wood grain steering wheels, and when I emerge from it in cutoffs and a stained t-shirt, I feel more than a little ironic. It's not that I am not classy, because we know that is not the case. I just am not classy on a daily basis.
Speaking of which, we have not turned on our air yet. It was 91 today. We are insane. And sweaty.
Well, that's what's happening in Gainesville, where the the women are strong, the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.
(You know I stole that, right? Thanks Mr. Keillor.)
1 comment:
I just love this kid! I have a great idea for his b-day, but I love the post office as much as you do. Just glad you understand. And I feel just a tad flattered that I happened to allude to Garrison Keillor over the weekend, too. Only so many people with whom to laugh about Lake Wobegon. :)
Post a Comment