Monday, March 24, 2008

most wittiest


This year, for a little something different, we dyed some eggs.  I did the old write on the egg with a candle trick, as you can see.  We will be eating rainbow egg salad for the rest of the week.

Here are the Easter baskets.  I found some of those old book & record sets on ebay, Black Beauty for Cecilia and Robin Hood for Hank.  They have an old school box record player in their room, and they love these things.  I also got them some cool sunglasses (Malkie Baby got a hat instead), a dress for Ceci and  T-shirts (matching, which I am really into all of the sudden, so I no longer make fun of Meredith for it) for Henry and Malcolm.  I also got H & C a package of wildflower seeds each to plant.  Oh, and they each got a chocolate bunny and caramel egg.  I left the rest of the candy up to Nana and the church egg hunt.  Luckily, the sweets were not as ridiculous as last year.

Ready for the hunt.  Daddy had to go to the sunrise service, which is why he was fully dressed at 7:30 in the morning.
Ceci showing off her sixth and final egg.  She was a little disturbed by the fact that the Easter Bunny came into the house while she was sleeping and hid the eggs.  She kept asking, "Why he was here when we were sleeping?"

Posing in the Easter garb.  Also a good shot of our new windows and sofa.  We're really cleaning up the place. (and the children)  

Yes, I did eat a chocolate bunny for breakfast.  How did you know?

He also ate candy for lunch.  We had the egg hunt at church, and afterwards, he was supposed to be separating the eggs from the candy and putting the eggs in a bag so we can re-use them next year.  I was not keeping too close an eye on him, and apparently he was sitting there eating candy one piece after another in a trance-like state.  Luckily Nana took him to her house after church.

We had a very nice dinner at Nana's with Uncle Andy, Auntie Angie, Olen, and Grandma Shela.  The children only wanted to eat candy and were so wile we had to take them outside to run laps around the cul-de-sac.  Henry is quite a runner.  I think we have a future triathlete on our hands.   

On Saturday, we had our Easter picnic that we go to every year.  A great time was had by all, and at the party I was supplied with a quote of the day.  I am sorry I am not so on top of things that the quotes are not actually every day.  If I had that kind of time, I'd probably shower a lot more often.  Maybe I'll start calling it quote of the week.  Anyhow, sage-like wisdom supplied by none other than Brooke James...

"Lily, please sit like a lady, you don't have any panties on."

If only we could all remember that...

The children played in little baby pools the Lokkesmoes supplied, ultimately to the demise of the carpet as half the dirt in the backyard was tracked through the house.  The kids also enjoyed the swings and fort built by none other than Jason Lokkesmoe himself.  

The grown ups played this great game that I cannot even begin to describe, but I will say that the next time we are at a Kennedy family gathering, it is on the table.  I laughed so hard that I can probably count it as an ab workout.  Two words for you Jenn...ghost knockers.

And a special thanks to Ethan S. for today's blog title.  I appreciate the complement, and I don't think that I made that clear while I was correcting your grammar.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day.I never liked that the easter bunny, santa, and the tooth fairy were so dang sneaky. If they are so great why do they have to sneak around.

aly said...

That's what I was wondering about your mom.

Ethan Stonerook said...

My parents told me the truth about the Easter bunny...nut then again they weren't the most wittiest parents in the neighborhood, either.

Alan & Tina said...

I can't wait for the next Kennedy family gathering--I am SO up for that kind of an ab workout!